Beneq TFS 500
Thin Film System for ALD research and batch production
The TFS 500 is designed for diverse use in thin film coating applications. Being the first Beneq reactor model, has proven its case as a versatile tool for both in-depth thin film research and robust batch processing. The TFS 500 is an ideal tool for multi-project environments.
The TFS 500 can handle several types of substrates; wafers, planar objects, particles and porous bulk materials, as well as complex 3D objects with high aspect ratio features. It can further be equipped with a manually operated load lock for increased wafer processing capabilities. Different types of reaction chambers can easily be fitted inside the vacuum chamber, which in turn enables optimizing each reaction chamber for each customer application.
The TFS 500 meets both the stringent requirements of industrial reliability and the need for flexibility of R&D operations. Process components are off-the-shelf articles, which ensures spare parts availability. All precursor containers can easily be changed, at short notice. The precursor readiness includes gases, liquids and solid materials. For full flexibility in precursor selection, we have additionally included a 500 °C hot source option.
Since 2014, Beneq has been working with MBRAUN to address the growing OLED market needs by offering turn-key R&D solutions. The goal of the collaboration is to combine the acknowledged know-how of Beneq’s breakthrough thin-film encapsulation technology with MBRAUN’s gloveboxes, customized enclosures and standalone units.
- Process cycle time predominantly less than 2 seconds. In many cases, less than 1 second (with uniformity variation < ±1% for, e.g., Al2O3).
- Hot source versatility, up to 500 °C hot source setups as standard options
- Application-specific reaction chamber designs
- Direct and remote CCP plasma ALD as standard options
- Different reaction chambers available for, e.g., wafer, multiple wafer, 3D and powder substrates
- Modular design allows for easy change of reaction chambers, sources and tubing
- High deposition pressures possible for large surface area substrates
- Load lock with manual operation available for rapid substrate wafer change
- Hot-wall reaction chamber for uniform substrate temperature and to prevent precursor condensation and secondary reactions
- Cold-wall vacuum chamber for rapid heating and cooling
- Auxiliary entry ports in vacuum chamber for, in situ diagnostics etc.
- Clean-room compatible
|Process temperature range||25 - 500 °C|
|Reaction chamber types and dimensions|| - single wafer: ø200 × 3 (mm)
ø300 × 25 (mm)
- single wafer plasma: ø200 × 3 (mm)
ø300 × 3 (mm)
- 3D/batch of wafers: ø200 × 170 (mm)
- 3D/batch: 450 × 300 × 250 (mm)
- powder: ø80 × 50 (mm)
- solar cell batch: 156 × 156 (mm), 100 pcs
|Gas lines||up to 5|
|Liquid sources (+5 °C to ambient)||up to 4|
|Hot source HS 300 (ambient to 300 °C)||up to 4|
|Hot source HS 500 (ambient to 500 °C)||up to 2|
|Optional|| - CCP plasma source (capacitively coupled)
- manual load lock
|Control system||PLC control with PC user interface|
|Main dimensions (L × W × H)||1600 × 900 × 1930 (mm)|