Get more information
Please fill in your information to download the file
Contact Beneq Sales
Beneq TFS 200
The most flexible ALD tool for research
ALD Research Equipment That Grows With You
Beneq TFS 200 is the most flexible ALD research platform ever designed for academic research and corporate R&D. Every detail of the system is realized with versatility, modularity and ease of use in mind.
For us at Beneq, it is important to put the freedom of process and application development in the hands of the operator, and not to limit it by system-related restrictions. Beneq TFS 200 represents state-of-the-art design and technical solutions that enable deposition of superior quality coatings on a broad array of substrate materials and sizes. Beneq TFS 200 has specifically been designed to minimize any cross contamination that could happen in a multi-user research environment where a number of different processes are used for various applications.
The flexibility of Beneq TFS200 and the number of available options and upgrades means that your Beneq TFS 200 will grow with you to always meet even the most demanding research requirements.
Wafers, plasma, particle and high aspect ratio ALD
The TFS 200 can coat wafers, planar objects and porous bulk materials, as well as complex 3D objects with very high aspect ratio features. Depending on the substrate, a selection of standard reaction chamber designs are available, as well as any customized designs your cases might require. Manual and automatic load locks are available for increased wafer handling capabilities.
The tool can also be equipped with cassette-to-cassette automation or can be integrated to an existing cluster system – both in wafer face-up and face-down configurations. Glove box integration is available for handling of air-sensitive substrates.
Direct and remote plasma-enhanced deposition (PEALD) is available in Beneq TFS 200 as a standard option. The plasma is capacitively-coupled (CCP), which is the industry standard today. The CCP plasma option offers both direct and remote plasma-enhanced ALD (PEALD) for substrates up to 200mm, face-up or face-down.
The precursor capabilities of the TFS 200 are impressive. A total maximum of 8 gas lines, 4 liquid sources and 4 hot sources fulfill the most demanding requirement. Hot source options include temperature readiness from up to 500 °C.
TFS 200 can be also equipped with multiple in-situ diagnostics options, including QCM, ellipsometer and RGA.
- Very short cycle times - more samples per day
Most versatile PEALD
- Face-up or Face-down
- Remote and Direct plasma
- Short distance to wafer – low power and high speed
- For deposition of oxides, nitrides and metals
Fluidized Bed Reactor (FBR)
For ultimate conformality on particle coating
No cross contamination
- Easy reaction chamber change
- Inert gas valving
Extremely High Aspect Ratio (HAR) deposition
- Reduced flow HAR and Full stop flow HAR options.
- Down to 100 nm particle coating in fluidized bed reactor option
- Direct and remote capacitive coupled plasma available for plasma-enhanced ALD (PEALD) option
- Process cycle time customarily less than 2 seconds. In specific cases even less than 1 second (thickness uniformity variation < ±1% for, e.g., Al2O3 on 200 mm wafer).
- High Aspect Ratio (HAR) available for structures with deep trenches and porous substrates
- Hot source versatility, up to 500 °C setup as standard option
- High speed and capacity data logging and trend tools for human machine interface (HMI)
- Cold-wall vacuum chamber for rapid heating and cooling
- Auxiliary entry ports in vacuum chamber enable plasma, in situ diagnostics etc.
- Hot-wall reaction chamber for uniform substrate temperature and to prevent precursor condensation and secondary reactions
- Three different reaction chamber designs, as well as any customized design
- Load lock available for rapid substrate change and integration with other equipment
|Substrate temperature range||25 - 500 °C|
|Reaction chamber types and dimensions||
- single wafer: ø200 × 3 (mm)
|Gas lines||up to 8|
|Liquid sources (+5 °C to ambient)||up to 4|
|Hot sources HS 300 (ambient to 300 °C)||up to 4|
|Hot sources HS 500 (ambient to 500 °C)||up to 2|
|Plasma option (PEALD)||
- power: 300 W
- type: capacitively coupled plasma (CCP)
|Fluidized bed particle coating option||
- particle size (min.)1: 100 nm - 1 µm
- sample volume (max.): 50 - 75 cm3
- temperature (max.)2: 450 °C
|Control system||PLC control with PC user interface|
|Main dimensions, ALD system (L × W × H)||1325 × 600 × 1298 (mm)|
|Main dimensions, electric cabinet (L × W × H)||1000 × 300 × 1600 (mm)|
1 particle property dependent.
Download TFS 200 brochure (pdf).